Friday, June 4, 2010

35/365

Beaches, Sleeping in until noon, dinner at a steakhouse, seeing the grandparents you haven't seen since you were eight, my kind of day :)

The plan was originally to wake up at about 9:30, make breakfast, and be at Bush Gardens at around 11:30. However I woke up this morning with an awful stomachache and it was raining so we decided to post-pone BG until tomorrow. This of course meant Drex and I could go back to bed and sleep until noon, which we did with great enjoyment. By the time we actually got out of the room it was 2:30 and we were supposed to have dinner with my grandparents at 6. So, we decided to go to the beach.


I love being on vacation with my best friend! We got to walk through the warm water and white sand. (Romantic right?) We also got to be the little kids searching for sea shells. It's so funny how the simplest things can be a million times better when you do them with the person you love.

From the beach it was onto dinner, something I was genuinly scared about. I hadn't seen my grandparents since i was eight and the stories I've heard haven't been great. Thankfully though it went fine! Everyone got along, they were nice and talkative and all in all it was good. (Plus we ate at the #1 Rated steakhouse in America in 2007 and 2008)


The day has been fabulous, though I'm looking forward to leaving the humidity in a few days. In the meantime though I'll just relax and enjoy every moment spent with Drex and his mommy.

No comments:

Post a Comment