Monday, May 17, 2010

17/365

Oh for the love of Mondays...

I got out of most of school today...a plus as well as a minus. A plus because I simply cannot stand school, and a minus because it means i missed my Chemistry review, which i have a final on tomorrow. Oh geez. Thankfully Drex has not only taken Chem 1, but also AP Chem, and has been the Chem 1 T.A for 2 years now, and was able to help me :) Anyways, i got out of school due to a dentist appointment. I have never in my life been scared of the dentist, it was always a fun experience since i got to dig in the treasure chest when i was done. However, i got my wisdom teeth out a few months ago, and was not given any sort of medication. Just a little numbness. (Which is quite ineffective!) Basically it was an awful experience and it made me a lot more terrified to sit in the seat and have someone scraping my teeth. I had to force myself to not start spazzing out and running out of the room. The best i could do however was take deep breaths, clench the arm rests. and close my eyes. This of course led to the lady going "are you okay honey?" and me saying "yes, of course totally fine, no worries." Thankfully it was over soon enough, and i got out of there as fast as possible.

From there it was a nap and then to work. Work was actually really awesome today. Drex came in for about 1/2 an hour and talked to me while i straightened and filled shoes. He brought me a red bull, which sadly did not in fact give me wings, but helped with my exhaustion nonetheless. HOWEVER it is what happened AFTER work that is truly exciting!

I have this ridiculous love for dogs. I want every single dog i come into contact with. Anyways, on the way home Drex and I see this lab (with a collar) just kind of wandering around, i ask him to the stop the car and i get out. (I also told him to grab his airsoft gun and please shoot if the dog starts to attack me). She didn't though, and instead came up to me tail wagging and all. We put her in the car, and called the number on her collar over and over. No answer. It was then that we knew we had to take the next step...the pound. So though i wanted nothing more to do than keep her, we drove to the pound. Because its after hours, you have to drive around to the back and put the dog in a cage and fill out a lost form. I couldn't do it. There was no way i was putting this sweet lab in a scary cage. So i tried the number again and finally some lady answered. She hadn't even noticed the dog was missing! Stupid people. The lady came and got her and we went on our way. Though i still have to say idiots like that she just not own dogs!

It's a wonderful thing to have a boyfriend that understands your love enough to be patient with you and let you put unknown dogs in his car. Thank you baby :)

No comments:

Post a Comment