Thursday, July 1, 2010

62/365

This should have been yesterdays blog post...It should have been, but it wasn't. In all the chaos of the day, I forgot. I forgot to remember.

Yesterday I celebrated Drex's life. The life he almost didn't get to live. The one that was almost taken away from him. Yesterday 6 years ago, Drex walked out of a car accident and his dad didn't.

There will always be days when I feel helpless. Knowing I cannot change anything, cannot make anything better, cannot say or do anything to take away the pain. It is these days and nights in which we curl up together and cry. It is in these moments where we grow closer, stronger, and love each other all the more. We learn to depend on each other and to trust each other.

So thank you God. Thank you for sparing Drex. Thank you for protecting him. And thank you for bringing him into my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment