Monday, October 25, 2010

179/365

DAY NINE-Someone you didn’t want to let go, but just drifted.

Destinee and I had been best friends since 8th grade. We did everything together. It was just her and I against the world. Then March of 2010 hit and her and her boyfriend of 1 and a half years broke up. The night of, her and I hopped on a plane to Russia. We were truly on fire for God during that trip.

When we came back I made the assumption that she would be over guys. That she had healed. That she was going to figure out who she was in God.

That didn't happen. When we came back it was suddenly about "getting back out there, having fun, and being single but still having friends with benefits." I didn't agree with this. It made me so angry. It was so different then what I had witnessed in Russia. It was then that we started growing apart and when she decided to make this summer "one to remember" we just stopped hanging out.

Then as the school year started we began hanging out again. But then that "summer to remember" bit her and the rest of my friends in the butt and got them expelled from school. It was a big shock and a big change. Because all of them left my school I had to make other friends. When me having other friends became just one other thing to argue about, I gave up.

It's actually been really good. Not having a group of friends has allowed me to branch out and see the best in everyone. I'm thankful for everything that has happened.

No comments:

Post a Comment