Wednesday, October 6, 2010

160/365

So today in my ASL 2 class (American Sign Language) we got onto the topic of Gays adopting. My Uncle is gay and a perfectly normal person. If he had kids, he'd be a great dad. So would his partner. However, there are kids in my class who went as far to say that they would rather a child be starving, dying, having little food to eat, and no clean water than live with a gay couple.

I'm sorry, WHAT?!

I could not BELIEVE that had come out of someones mouth. I mean what kind of sick person is that? And yet the majority of my class agreed.

I just...honestly was speechless. I would rather a child be put into a household with food, water, and a bed to lay in at night no matter what the sexuality of the parents. I would rather we base the adoption on the PERSON not the sexuality they profess.

Oh how our country is so messed up.

No comments:

Post a Comment