Wednesday, October 13, 2010

167/365

"When we were children we used to think that when we were grown-up we would no longer be vulnerable, but to grow up is to accept vulnerability , to be alive is to be vulnerable."
-Madeleine L'Engle

In the past few weeks God has removed me from my comfort zone. He has taken away school as I once knew it. He broke me. He still is breaking me. Yet I feel at peace. I am not angry with how things have turned out. I trust that God has a plan for me, for Destinee, for Elizabeth, for Emily, for Rachel, and for Tawni.

These girls, (listed above) have been my best friends throughout high school. We have fought, cried, and laughed together. We have seen each other through breakups and enormous amounts of change.

This past year however, our goals and priorities have changed. While they want to stay here for college, get apartments, and live together; I don't. I'm leaving the state, living in the dorms, and starting over. I won't miss it here, I'm ready for change.

So we say goodbye. We learn to let go.

These girls will always be important to me. I will always care about them and continue to be thankful for all they've supported me through. But sometimes we have to walk away, and know that it's okay.

No comments:

Post a Comment